Magellan Ambassadors represent the Office of Undergraduate Research and provide outreach and guidance to USC students interested in getting involved in research opportunities
Applications are due by the end of March. Please contact the office to request an application.
- Recipient of a USC student research grant
- Have a positive research experience to share with others
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn more about OUR, programs and events
- Effective public speaking and communication skills
- Good standing with the university
Group training in early August with continued professional development at each monthly meeting.
Monthly meetings are required and held one time each month during the academic year (except December and May). The meeting time is scheduled based on the Ambassadors’ schedules for that semester.
- All Ambassadors must attend training
- Required monthly meetings
- Volunteer to assist with Discovery Day in April
- All Ambassadors must be available to present to University 101 classes, workshops, clubs, and tabling events (A student will never be asked to miss a class in order to fulfill an Ambassador requirement).
Social media site(s):