Welcome to the Office of Student Engagement
Welcome to the Office of Student Engagement! There is always something going on in the Office of Student Engagement (OSE), so be sure to check our website and our social media sites to keep up on the latest news. We believe learning is a 24/7 endeavor, so we want to help students get connected to opportunities both within and beyond the classroom that will help them both acquire new knowledge and apply what they have already learned.
We value the USCConnect initiative and facilitate a number of high-impact practices that are valuable to the Carolina experience. Our office values collaboration and we are always looking for new ways to partner with students, faculty, staff, and community agencies. If you have ideas on how we can work together on any of our focus areas, please let us know!
- OSE is HIRING for the 2013-14 academic year! There is an opening for TWO graduate student assistantships! Please find more information here.
- Spots still open for the National Student Exchange program for 2013-14. Stop by OSE today to see an up to date list of available schools!
- OSE releases annual Student Engagement Report (pdf)
- Looking for Peer Leadership, Sophomore Programs, Mutual Expectations, Student Engagement Planning or the National Survey of Students Engagement? Please use the Research and Initiatives tab above!
- AmeriCorps Summer VISTA’s and OSE staff featured in The State, July 28, 2012- USC students, volunteers repair Bamberg County public schools and with additional photos here.
- Domestic Study Away: Overview and Benefits of Cultural Exploration, featured in NACADA’s Academic Advising Today, March 2012
Upcoming OSE Events
- NSE Application deadline: ongoing for 2013-14 for select schools
- PLAN Meeting April 19, 2:30pm
- Discovery Day hosted by Undergraduate Research April 26, all day, RHUU