Welcome to the Office of Student Engagement
Welcome to the Office of Student Engagement! There is always something going on in the Office of Student Engagement (OSE), so be sure to check our website and our social media sites to keep up on the latest news. We believe learning is a 24/7 endeavor, so we want to help students get connected to opportunities both within and beyond the classroom that will help them both acquire new knowledge and apply what they have already learned.
We value the USCConnect initiative and facilitate a number of high-impact practices that are valuable to the Carolina experience. Our office values collaboration and we are always looking for new ways to partner with students, faculty, staff, and community agencies. If you have ideas on how we can work together on any of our focus areas, please let us know!
- The Office of Student Engagement in partnership with AmeriCorps is offering four Summer Associate VISTA positions. The application and more information can be found here.
- Checkout the annual Student Engagement report and infographic.
- Keep up with the outgoing National Student Exchange students through their blogs!
- Looking for Peer Leadership, Sophomore Programs, Mutual Expectations, Student Engagement Planning or the National Survey of Students Engagement?
- Sophomore September featured in UofSC Today, September 2013.
- AmeriCorps Summer VISTA’s and OSE staff featured in The State, July 28, 2012- USC students, volunteers repair Bamberg County public schools and with additional photos here.
- Domestic Study Away: Overview and Benefits of Cultural Exploration, featured in NACADA’s Academic Advising Today, March 2012
Upcoming OSE Events
- NSE Info Sessions
• Tuesday, Jan. 14th 7pm- Patterson 104
• Wednesday, Jan. 15th 7pm- Capstone Keystone
• Tuesday, Jan. 21st 7pm- Honors B110
• Wednesday, Jan. 22nd 7pm- Patterson 104
• Thursday, Jan. 23rd 11:45am- SEC room, RHUU
- OSE Summer Intern Apps Due
• Friday, Jan. 24th
- Domestic Study Away Faculty Workshop with CTE
• Monday, Jan 27th- 11:30am, CTE
- Incorporating Reflection Faculty Workshop with CTE
• Thurs, Jan 30th- 11:30am, CTE
- NSE Priority Application Deadline
• Fri, Jan 31st by 5pm