Sample Syllabus Statement
- As we are all here to gain knowledge, classroom behavior must foster a respectful and scholastic environment for everyone’s benefit.
- Cell phones, pagers and other electronic devices must be turned OFF when in class. If one is found to be on, on vibrate, etc, you will be asked to leave class and will be counted absent. There is no text messaging, web-browsing, etc. during class. Failure to adhere to this rule may result in your being dismissed from class.
- Speaking out in class is only permitted after you have been recognized by the instructor.
- No newspapers or reading materials other than your textbook are allowed on your desk.
- Tardiness past 10 minutes will be counted as half of an absence. After 3 absences, 5 points will be deducted from your final grade.
There will be no eating during class time. Drinks (soda, coffee, water, juice) are permitted.
- Any disruptive behavior may result in your being asked to leave the class, and/or a referral to the Office of Student Conduct.