Carolina Women's Community
About This Community
The Carolina Women's Community (CWC) promotes the development of women at the University of South Carolina in Patterson Hall by providing them with various learning opportunities through the intersection of womanhood with identity development, academic/career pathways, social justice issues and leadership development. The CWC seeks to inspire women to be the best versions of themselves and understand that womanhood is not duplication or rebellion from a social norm - in fact - it is a state of mind that comes from academic pursuits, self-awareness and social engagement.
Students Who Call This Community Home
Any female student interested in living in a single-gender residence hall with other first-year female students.
The Carolina Women’s Community promotes the development of women at the University of South Carolina in Patterson Hall by providing them with various learning opportunities through the intersection of womanhood with identity development, academic/career pathways, social justice issues, and leadership development.
Unique Community Experiences
- Interact with Faculty & Staff from the Women's and Gender Studies department at UofSC
- Examine social justice issues that women face in society
- Take on leadership roles with the CWC Hall Government/floor representatives
- Exclusive events with the Carolina Men's Community
- CWC Community Service Projects
- CWC Celebration BBQs & Dinners
- Ability to do homework in the Cyber Lounge or the private study rooms located on each floor
- Laying out on the Patterson Lawn
Assistant Residence Life Coordinator of Patterson Hall
Area Coordinator - Patterson & Women's Quad
Assistant Director of Central Campus
Coordinator of Tutoring
Associate Director of Campus Wellness
Sexual Health Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant for Sexual Assault Violence Intervention & Prevention email@example.com
Leadership and Service Center Graduate Assistant