Cliff Apartments is a nine story high-rise building located on Sumter and Whaley Streets, four blocks from the center of campus. There are 65 one-bedroom, 8 small two-bedroom and 32 large two-bedroom apartments available. Cliff Apartments has one live-in Residence Hall Director (graduate student) and three live-In Resident Mentors (student staff) who are responsible for the overall building management and programming.
Residents' Mailing Address
1321 Whaley Street
Cliff Apartments Apt. # __
Columbia, SC 29205
- Paint color in apartments is off-white.
- Blinds are provided in all apartments.
- Carpeting in hallways and lobby.
- Refrigerator and stove are provided in each apartment.
- All utilities are electric.
- Utilities (water, electricity and cable) are included.
- Internet is available, but is provided through a Technology Fee added to the tuition bill.
- Laundry Room is located on the first floor (accepts CarolinaCard or quarters).
- Playground and basketball hoop located behind the building.
- A parking lot is available in front of the building, but requires a University of South Carolina parking permit.