Supplemental Instruction (SI)/
Peer Tutoring Program
The purpose of the Student Success Center is to coordinate an intentionally-designed, comprehensive array of programs, resources, and services that guide students to degree completion at USC through promoting academic goal-setting and skill development, personal transition to the university setting, and effective decision-making. Supplemental Instruction and Tutoring are two programs that offer undergraduate students an opportunity to provide course-specific assistance to their peers.
SI Leaders & Tutors must...
- Be an undergraduate student at the University of South Carolina-Columbia
- Earn an A in the subject area in which they wish to support
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale)
- Submit a faculty recommendation from a faculty member in the field they wish to support
- Demonstrate in an interview their communication skills, motivation, dedication and ability to work with students in an academic setting
View a detailed job description of an SI Leader
View a detailed job description of a Peer Tutor
SI Leader/Peer Tutor Spring 2013 Recruitment Timeline
This timeline is subject to change and all applicants will be notified of any modifications.
- October 26 - Application due by noon (submitted online)
- October 29-30 - Mandatory Information Session
- November 1-7 - Individual Interviews
- November 16 - Offers sent via email
- November 20 - Notify SSC of acceptance
- November/December TBA - Mandatory New Staff Meeting
- January 10-11 - Spring 2013 Semester Training